Friday, December 23, 2016

After a perfect summer 

 There’s nothing like a summer away from the wear and tear of business to hours and days of art  to make you aware of what’s really important in your life.  The voices in my head were murmuring at the beginning of the summer, but by September they reached a crescendo; I couldn’t ignore them any longer.

 I need more time to make art.

There, I finally said it out loud.

 I’ve decided to bring my design business more in line with my art practice by eliminating some of the services I offer design clients and focusing on the ones that are more art related.  Enter the designer artist  from the sidelines to front and centre.

Colour me happy 

Colour has always been my specialty because I’ve honed my knowledge through years of  mixing colour in art making.  I enjoy creating  welcoming colour schemes for clients, and I will continue to do this.

The art of designing home

 In addition to colour consultation,  Designing Home will focus on the finishing touches/ accessorizing (art and objects) that move  a space from ordinary to exceptional.

Many times decorators can successfully source objects to add interest  to your space, but sometimes what you need is original and designed with you and your home in mind.  That’s where Designing Home is different from other design businesses.




I can create commissioned work to fill your needs or offer a large selection of artwork to choose from or help you select work by other artists.   And just as important is  advice on where and how to hang your work. 


Some of my works that already have  homes…. 


Margaret Ryall 

Margaret Ryall 

Margaret Ryall 

Margaret Ryall
Margaret Ryall 





 I work in a  variety of media and styles from realistic to abstract and non representational. 




Check out my Instagram feed or The Leyton Gallery  website.






The post And art won appeared first on Decor Pur.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment